Justin’s new single available 3.26.2012 ---> Facebook: Beliebers United on Facebook - Follow us for updates live as they happen

25/07/2011

Anthony Kiedis: Bieber movie made me cry

The Red Hot Chili Peppers frontman is renowned for his wild lifestyle, having battled drug addiction when he was younger. Anthony is now clean and finds value in other things, such as watching movies.

He recently sat through Justin’s 3D release Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, which follows the young Canadian’s rise to the top. Anthony was deeply affected by what he saw, bursting into tears on two occasions.
“I’m a crier. I could cry every day, in a good way, if I just sit and think about my boy. But I sat on an aeroplane recently, coming from Hawaii to Los Angeles, with [record producer] Rick Rubin just across the aisle, watching the Justin Bieber movie, Never Say Never. I cried twice during that film and I want the world to know that!” he laughed to Q magazine.
“They were doing this very cheesy giveaway of concert tickets to 16-year-old girls. The cheesiness didn’t matter – it was the reaction of the kids. When you saw those little girls crying deliriously, I lost it.”
Anthony has been open about his addictions, detailing his use of heroin and cocaine in his memoir Scar Tissue. He had an unconventional upbringing, with his father John introducing him to drugs and arranging for him to lose his virginity when he was 12.
The 48-year-old doesn’t blame anyone else for his problems though, and thinks his life would have been the same no matter how he was raised.
“That was a little time bomb inside of me that was always waiting to go off,” he mused. “Environment has an influence, but I think that would have happened regardless of my upbringing. There was some demon in there waiting to have its time.
“I never felt like dying was a good idea. I’ve just had a kid, so I’m looking for a long haul at this point.”
Source: Musicrooms


2 comments:

  1. aww i love this! i love anthony kiedis and justin bieber!!!!!
    ps scar tissue is amazing! read it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...